🔥🔥 Oklahoma City man Jake Harris kills girlfriend, hides out with corpse: cops

Oklahoma City police arrested a 31-year-old man, Jake Harris, after he allegedly killed his girlfriend and then engaged in a standoff with officers on Saturday morning.

An Oklahoma City man allegedly shot and killed his live-in girlfriend, then hid out with her decomposing body for nearly a week until a city SWAT team forced its way inside his house.

Police arrested Jake Harris, 31, on Saturday after an hours-long standoff, according to News on 6 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. They’d responded at about 10:45 a.m. to a visitor’s call that he’d found a body in Harris’s home — which was later identified as Harris’s live-in girlfriend, Amanda Miller.

Harris later told detectives he’d been arguing with Miler, a 40-year-old mother of four and grandmother of 10, court filings said. He grabbed his shotgun during the dispute. Miller grabbed it too.

That’s when Harris allegedly shot Miller in the side, according to Danielle Mayfield, one of Miller’s daughters.

Harris told police he didn’t call an ambulance because she was already dead, according to Fox News. He moved her corpse first to the bedroom, then to the garage on the second day.

Jake Harris, 31, allegedly killed Amanda Miller and his in his house with her corpse for nearly a week.

Miller’s kids added that police told them their mom died on March 19 — about six days before cops found her.

Harris barricaded himself in the home on Saturday, then launched a lengthy standoff that ended about five hours later, according to Fox25 in Oklahoma City.

Photo of Amanda Miller
Amanda Miller was a mother of four and grandmother of 10.
Family handout

“We kept on the phone until he agreed he wasn’t coming out,” Captain Ivan Esau of the Oklahoma City police told the station. “He fired several shots off in the house, and he refused to come out. So they breached the door and … he surrendered himself.”

That’s when the cops found Miller’s body.

“They shot him with a bean bag gun,” Mayfield told News on 6. “They shouldn’t have. They should have shot him with one of their rifles.”

Jake Harris being arrested after an hours-long standoff
Oklahoma City police arrested Harris after a five-hour standoff.

A photo of three of Miller's daughters.
Miller’s daughters said the relationship had a history of domestic violence.

Harris — who also had an outstanding warrant in a neighboring county — was charged with first-degree murder, Fox25 said.

The relationship allegedly had a history of domestic violence, Miller’s daughter’s said.

“I hope he dies in there,” Haven Montoya, another of Miller’s daughters, told the station. “I want him gone. I don’t want to ever see his face.”

Read More Latest Crime News From United States & European Countries

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *